Those who participated in the virtual pasta party organised by Marathon princess probably have been curious about what to do with the rest of the zucchini that has not been used for the delicious salsa. Christian has the answer and gives you below easy instructions for this mouth watering vegan zucchini cake.
How to prepare a vegan zucchini cake
- 150g zucchini (what else?!)
- 150g spelt flour
- 70g coconut blossom sugar
- 60g grained coconut
- 1 linseed egg or 1 tea spoon VollEy
- 60ml coconut oil + coconut oil for the mould
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 tea spoon of natron
- 3 table spoons cocoa powder
- 2 tea spoons of white vinegar
- 250ml soy, oat or almond milk
Step by step
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Attention: the linseed flour or egg will be added later.
- Grain the zucchini and add it to the dry ingredients.
- Then add the liquid ingredients: milk and coconut oil.
- Stir the mixture for five minutes.
- Pre heat the oven on 160 degree celsius.
- Next, boil water for the linseed egg.
- Mix the linseed flour in a small bowl with hot water in a ratio of 1 to three.
- Add the linseed egg to your zucchini mixture and stir it well.
- Then, add two tea spoons of white vinegar to the mixture and stir it well again.
- Pour the mixture into your mould and put it in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Enjoy your vegan zucchini cake!
Check out our video tutorial
Oh I just can´t get enough
You can´t get enough? Take a look at our other vegan recipes such as Doce de Papaia or how to prepare mango sticky rice – the famous Thai sweet dish. And always remember, Christian is happy to answer all your questions to support that your good cake becomes the best.